11/03/2004

uncomfortably numb

It's been a somber day here in the City by the Bay. We're all looking a little down in the mouth. Uncomfortably numb. I'm looking forward to mending relationships damaged by the campaign of bitterness, resentment, and lack of understanding. If only it could all be dismissed as a wardrobe malfunction.

I've been considering folding this blog, expecting that my original anger, the eponymous boiling point of water, would have cooled with the outcome of the election. But having sat and reckoned with my disappointment, I've decided to carry on. The roiling pot empties quickly, so let's turn it down to a simmer. For now anyway.

It's time to put Inherit the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, Ten Angry Men, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington on the Netflix queue. Time to rekindle our cultural memories of fairness and justice. We have survived and will live to fight another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home